35: Cheryl McCants On How to Communicate Strategically
Cheryl McCants is a bilingual, award-winning, communication and marketing professional with more than 25 years of integrated strategic development and global crisis communication experience. Throughout her career as both strategist and spokesperson, she has worked in the educational, real estate development, retail, footwear, telecommunications, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, construction, nonprofit and media industries. She is an articulate and compelling story-teller who is passionate about business, branding and community building.
Our conversation was very enlightening as Cheryl gave great details about the importance of story telling.
- Everything will be okay in the end and if it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
Her Advice to Aspiring Female Entrepreneurs
- Once you have your business plan in place, create a strategic communication plan. This will make it easier to stay focused on your business objectives.
- Leverage your resources. There are small business development centers across the U.S. that are federally funded and they give free or low cost services.
- Use your network to identify connections that can introduce you to clients.
- Work with other women and lift each other up so that we can all succeed together.