41: Lisa Fetterman Brings Home Sous Vide Cooking
Lisa Fetterman is the founder and CEO of Nomiku, the first home sous vide immersion circulator machine on the market. Lisa has been featured in Wired, MAKE, and Forbes, and was named on both Forbes and Zagat Survey’s 30 Under 30 lists for her pioneering work in the food space. Lisa has worked at some of the top restaurants in the country including Babbo and Jean-Georges in New York and Saison in San Francisco. She lives in San Francisco where she and her husband-cofounder have brought manufacturing back to the states with their new Wifi-Nomiku device.
I wanted to learn more about Lisa’s experience in designing and launching a new device for the at home chef.
- Do the most good you can do with what you have.
Her Advice to Aspiring Female Entrepreneurs
- Start today and sell whatever you can. Even if you don’t have your final product right now, you need to start selling. You need to start knowing what that feels like and who your supporters are.
- Reach out to everyone and tell everyone your story. Tell everyone what you’re trying to do.
- Realize that we don’t compete against each other as startups. We compete against people not caring…
- It’s pretty important to do something right now, whether it’s writing a blog entry whether it’s helping them a neighbor. Do something with your special set of skills that go towards our mission your.