6: Mastering Social Media with Kristen Robinson
Kristen Robinson is the Social Media Head Coach of KR Design and is known as the Military Spouse Business Mentor. Kristen helps entrepreneurs with their social media struggles and help them build their social media presence to grow their email list to launch online. She has a passion for military spouses and helps them build online businesses that create flexibility and freedom within the military lifestyle. As a US Marine Corps military spouse, Kristen started her company, KR Design, to create a business to support her husband’s military career while constantly moving from one location to the next. She loves her business because it allows her to do what she loves from anywhere in the world.
Her social media philosophies:
- Engagement is critical: content is king but engagement is queen and she rules the house.
- If you’re going to take the time to be on a platform, take the time to learn about it.
- Be consistent.
Her advice to aspiring female entrepreneurs for conquering social media:
- Focus on engagement and relationship building
- Create a centerpiece (e.g., blogpost, etc.). Then re-purpose content for social media
- Mix it up (e.g., promotions, inspiration, etc.)
- Plan and schedule content in advance –
- Find two to three hours per week to create content in advance
- Find desired images to accompany content
- Schedule postings
- Use a tool to automate and schedule posts
- Respond to comments
- Be consistent
- Click to tweet: Queen Bees, Kristen Robinson shares her journey to becoming a successful entrepreneur on The Beehive!