30: Amy Olson Uses Collaboration + Drive to Launch New Products
Amy Olson developed Kuhfs at her dining room table as a way to change the look of her fashion boots. She couldn’t find a product to meet her need. So, she created the product herself even though she had no experience in sewing or in launching fashion accessories.
I’m finding that many of the women I’ve talked to so far have started their business based on having a need for which they couldn’t find a solution. It’s not only having an unmet need, they have also had the passion, determination and dedication to doing whatever it takes to get their product launched. They have found success even without having prior experience in a given industry. Time and time again, I’m noticing that one of the keys to finding success is collaboration. This means reaching out to find and connect with the people who can help you and they are out there. The first step is reaching out. So, as we listen in on my conversation with Amy, let’s consider how one can fulfill a product or service need through collaboration with others.
Amy says: “I didn’t even know how to sew when I started this company. I had zero experience launching an accessory brand and had to teach myself every aspect of this business. I am proud of my accomplishments and how far I have taken Kuhfs on my own. The future looks bright for Kuhfs and I can’t wait to see how far this can go.”
- The dream is free. The hustle costs extra. You can dream all day long but if you don’t take any action on it, you’re not going to get any where.
- Do one thing every day that scares you. Take one little step forward.
- Break your ultimate goals up into little steps and take action on these steps.
- Your thoughts become your reality. So, choose them wisely.
- Failure is not what should take you down. It’s what you should learn from. Don’t be afraid to fail.