Tiffany C. Wright has helped numerous small and medium businesses find funding for a variety of purposes from many sources. She is the founder and president of The Resourceful CEO where she provides packaged solutions and educational products focused for business strategy and finance. Tiffany is also the author of The Funding Is Out There! Access the Cash You Need to Impact Your Business.
Our conversation touched upon the importance of tracking business activities in order to ensure value creation. We also talked about how to manage cash flow to strengthen business operations.
- Reach for the stars; if you don’t reach the stars, you’ll at least reach the moon and if you don’t reach the moon, then you’ll just fall back down to earth. Reach higher than you think you can. You’ll be amazed at what you can achieve. Reach for something that makes you nervous.
- Cash is king.
- That which is not tracked does not get measured. Track everything. CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software and QuickBooks can help with tracking your sales efforts.
- Always be cash flow positive and check this weekly so that you can see where any problems exist.
- To raise money, you have to know why the investor would invest in your business. You have to be confident about what your business will do. You have to be able to talk about what it will do, why it will do it, how it will do it, when it will do it and what the bank or investor will get out of it.
For more advice, Tiffany can be reached by phone: 404.642.0509 or 866.466.3692
- The Funding Is Out There! Access the Cash You Need to Impact Your Business by Tiffany C. Wright