Seema Alexander is a business strategy coach who empowers purpose-driven women to make the transition from corporate life to entrepreneurship. She does this by helping her clients to maximize their credibility, productivity and profitability in business.
I wanted to talk to Seema to get her thoughts on what it takes to successfully transition from a corporate environment. Not only has she made the leap herself, but she’s also coached many women to success.
Her business philosophy:
- Do what you love and do it often.
Her advice to aspiring female entrepreneurs:
- Don’t start a business just to make more money. Focus on purpose first.
- Have a strategic plan or blueprint in place for your business. Consider the products/services align to your market and how you will get your message out there.
- Invest in yourself and hire someone in a strategic capacity to help you.
- Build a community by creating authentic relationships with other entrepreneurs.
- Be mindful of what it will really take to create a business.